We are looking for bright and ambitious students interested in joining our commercial team on a summer internship programme, gaining exposure to the fundamental areas of Jump with the possibility of developing into the next generation of Jumpers driving us towards Series A and beyond. You will play an integral part to the commercial success and scalability of the company, gaining exposure to both the product and business operations at the heart of the company. Your journey and progression will reflect this, offering huge potential to grow and develop, just as many of our core members have done, and become a pivotal member of the Jump team.
What are we building?
We founded Jump to empower professionals and businesses to grow and succeed through a deeper understanding of what makes them unique.
We want to make tailored job advice available to every person and business. That’s why we’re on a mission to build the world’s first conversational talent platform, through which both businesses and professionals can personalise their search, engage with each other, and create meaningful matches to help them take the best next step for their growth.
By using behavioural data to personalise the job search of professionals, we turn the problem on its head. Whereas big job boards attract lots of mismatched applications that businesses have to filter through, Jump’s AI engines are targeted at attracting the right professionals in the first place - by helping them understand what could be a good fit for both their interests and skillsets.
Why join now?
If you want to be a part of a big, ambitious story, Jump is an amazing business to work in with a super exciting and executable vision - you’ll work with a cutting-edge, interdisciplinary team. As we grow, the expectation is that you will too. All doors are open, from diving deeper into a technical or functional speciality, to moving sideways into marketing or sales, to taking on mentorship and leadership roles - in the end, it’s down to you, your goals and your performance.
There is a huge potential to grow as this is an internship which can lead to a full time graduate role into any area of the business such as Sales, Marketing or even Product next year. In essence, it is the best way to begin your journey at Jump, following in the footsteps of all of our core team members, giving you the full picture of the product, business, and work-ethic required to thrive and succeed at Jump.
About the Role
To begin with, you will be responsible for goal-oriented user acquisition, primarily through job-based campaigns, to develop an understanding of Jump’s core business model. As you progress, the scope of this will expand exponentially, from new acquisition experiments and campaigns to account management and customer success support, or even to product and data science exploration, as you build a deep understanding of Jump and the core components of the company.
From using new and existing channels to growth hack our acquisition of new users, to providing support on key development projects, you’ll be directly involved in moving the business forward. Therefore, we are looking for someone who is passionate, willing to put in the work (and get s*%! done!), and excited to grow with us as a person and professional to Series A and beyond.
This means that you will:
- Engage in practical applications of our job recommendation engine on existing professionals and jobs
- Work on the day-to-day acquisition of new users using existing channels through specifically targeted campaigns such as LinkedIn and targeted engagement
- Create and test the performance of new channels to attract new users to the platform
- Support teams with ad-hoc project support and gain insight into each team and how they operate - this is a great opportunity to explore your strengths and where you would like to develop in your career
- Develop an understanding of what it takes to drive success and growth within a start-up environment
What We’re Looking For From You:
- Great Attention to Detail: this means owning your work output and feeling a strong sense of responsibility for the quality impact, and timeliness of everything you do
- Passionate about problem-solving: Whatever the situation, you are always excited to break down problems and think of novel and exciting solutions to large and complex issues
- Honest & Open-minded: Feedback and evaluation are part of parcel of your successful career development, meaning you are very open to receiving all kinds of feedback from all members of the team. You also recognise the importance of giving feedback as you care about the growth and success of those around you (as well as the business), and feel comfortable doing this even in uncomfortable situations.
- Grit & Goal-oriented: not easily discouraged by setbacks, hard-working and willing to really contribute and make it happen. This role is highly operational, very hands-on, and you’ll find yourself solving exciting problems as and when necessary
This is a truly exciting role for an intelligent and driven student, expecting a 2:1+ from a top university and A*-B grades at A-Levels. We are looking for someone who has a passion for people, process and problem-solving. You will sit and work right at the core of the business and love having an impact, and are not afraid to take responsibility and work outside your comfort zone everyday.
Jump is an amazing business to work in with a super exciting and executable vision - we have great clients and great traction! You’ll work with a cutting-edge, interdisciplinary team, and get involved in product development and innovation on a daily basis!
If you want to be a part of a big, ambitious story, then apply now!
This role will be at a competitive salary dependant on experience.