At Jump.Work our mission is to empower businesses to make the best hires for their team and help professionals find a role in which they can excel. Founded in early 2016 and focused on disrupting the recruitment agency market, we are rapidly growing.
That’s why we are seeking an experienced, proactive, highly organised, self-starter for our Office Manager position. You'll be working directly with our COO & CEO, supporting them in their daily tasks, financial & HR administration, and supporting the broader team as well as managing the office.
Working in a fast-growing startup in Amsterdam is awesome. But are you cut out for it? Before you continue reading (and apply for this position), please read this to get a taste of “real” start-up life: https://medium.com/swlh/dont-w…
At Jump.Work we have a mission, and we work hard to make it happen. This means it's not like a corporate job and it won't be always easy. Building new business processes from scratch, and constantly striving to improve them, there will be lots of ambiguity, a ton of stuff you have to set up & teach yourself. However....
If you're ambitious, up for a real challenge, like working with fantastic ambitious people, develop and stretch yourself to the limit, read on! This position will push you outside your comfort zone, allow you to create your own opportunities, and develop yourself professionally. This is a great role for you if you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, do mundane work as much as exciting new things to make things happen. Initially a part-time role, there will likely be an opportunity to go full-time after the first year or so.
You’ll be helping us solve question such as... How do we build a great office culture and environment for our people? How can we effectively plan our calendar and meetings? How do we attract the best people to join our team? How do we best manage onboarding, offboarding, and support our team with good administrative processes?
In this role, you’ll cover a broad range of tasks, including:
● Organise and coordinate the diary and travel for our COO & CEO, who travel to London and across Europe every (other) week and have a hectic schedule
● Set up new processes & software for the efficient management of the office, expense processing, financial & HR administration
● Support on monthly financial administration, including salary & payroll, expenses processing, end of month payments, financial administration and some credit control (chasing invoices), and supporting on some processing for contractors
● Support on senior hire headhunting and internship/graduate recruitment for roles
in London & Amsterdam, HR onboarding and HR administration
● Making sure each of our new team members feels welcome and has a great onboarding and offboarding experience, including introduction, paperwork and feedback meetings; as well as organising office events, lunches and training and development
This is a great opportunity if you’d like to take on a challenging, fast-paced Office Management role which has challenging HR & financial administration elements. From whatever angle you are coming, we can offer a unique opportunity to truly develop your entrepreneurial skills and learn how to build and be part of a successful, fast-growing company.
Everyone on the team is super friendly and believes our team is at the core of our success - You must believe in this too. You like to ‘get stuff done’ and are not afraid to upwards manage and ask for help where necessary to ensure success. You can come up with next steps and take initiative to start on them without being told exactly how to do it.
We're looking for someone with a great personality and passion for dealing with businesses and/or recruitment, or an interest to learn about it! You also:
● Love organising things, such as efficient administrative processes, HR & financial administration and social events
● Are a people person and would love to create an environment where people are happy and achieve their professional ambitions
● Have excellent verbal and written communication in English, and preferably are also fluent in Dutch
● A love for startups, a can-do attitude and lots of energy
● Proactive, independent, problem solver, highly organized
● Super friendly and approachable
● Have experience in office management (including reception, IT, office supplies, making the office nice) and travel management
● Really good to have some financial administration experience and you are
comfortable with excel
● You have an interest in HR & recruitment, and a plus if you have strong experience
in this field